Summer Things To Do In Breckenridge Colorado – You can often hear: “I came for the winter, but I stayed for the summer.” Sure, Breckenridge is home to a world-class ski resort, but summer is more popular than ever in the mountains, and for good reason! We are a unique city with a special character and a fascinating history. Combine that with over 300 days of sunshine and endless activities and events and you have the trip of a lifetime. Also, the temperatures are never too high, making it the perfect place to escape the summer heat that hits the rest of the country in June, July and August. With hiking, mountain biking, fly fishing, roller coasters and more, it’s safe to say the whole crew will have a blast. Start planning your itinerary to make sure you don’t miss the top 100 things to do in Breckenridge this summer!
3. Stock up on vegetables for the week and check out the craft vendors at the Main Street Station Sunday Farmers Market.
Summer Things To Do In Breckenridge Colorado
16. Help maintain fragile habitats, open spaces and trail systems by volunteering with The Friends of Breckenridge Trails.
Best Things To Do In Breckenridge Colorado In The Summer With Kids
17. Watch the fall leaves begin to change color from mid-September to early October (Breckenridge is the first in the country to see the leaves change).
18. Climb the lesser-known 12er or 13er to escape the 14er crowds. Choose from mountains like Peak 9, Crystal Peak, Wheeler Mountain, Peak 10, Pacific Peak and more.
19. Host a pop-up concert by Breck Create AirStage, a 1975 stream turned mobile concert hall.
20. Walk or bike 100 miles of our trails in and around Breckenridge and remember to “leave no trace”
Best Colorado Summer Activities
22. Solve a mystery in one of Breckenridge’s escape rooms. Landscape themes in Escape Room Mountain Time and Escape Room Breckenridge.
27. Learn a new skill from local artists in the city’s award-winning arts district. Try hands-on workshops like metal forging, welding or jewelry making.
37. Grab a drink or two and go to town at one of Breckenridge’s 100+ bars and restaurants
38. Visit Peak A Boo Toys to shop for vintage toys, candy, and even start a family game night tradition.
The 15 Best Things To Do In Breckenridge
40. Stroll the Riverwalk Center, Carter Park, or the Blue River. Just remember to pack everything I bring you.
41. Walk, bike or ride the Breck FreeRide to see Isak Heartstone (The Troll) at his new home on Illinois Creek (road conditions permitting).
46. Relive your mining days by signing up for a gold prospecting lesson or historic mining tour.
48. Take a piece of Breckenridge with you by choosing a souvenir made in town.
Things To Do During The Summer
50. Experience the Gold Runner Coaster, Alpine Slide and more at Breckenridge Ski Resort’s Epic Discovery Park.
51. Taste your way through Breckenridge sampling some of the best ice cream in town while window shopping.
53. Buy a rubber duck to support the Summit Foundation’s annual Great Rubber Duck Run, Labor Day weekend.
65. Explore old cabins and mining equipment on the Lomax Placer Mine Gold Mine Tour – You can also pan for gold.
Summer Snow In Breckenridge, Colorado
71. Throw a snowball and play in the snow at the top of Peak 8. This summer snow mound is made up of the more than 300 inches of snow that the ski resort receives annually.
80. Borei pass road head. to the promenade and enjoy a view of ten kilometers.
Walk or drive along the Boreas Pass route. For amazing views of Breckenridge Ski Resort in the summer.
83. Enjoy live local music, play yard games, and watch the sleighs go by while sipping a drink or cocktail at Rocky Mountain Underground (RMU).
Breckenridge Summer Attractions
100. Check out our community calendar to join a weekly class, tour or workshop to learn a new skill on your journey.
Do you only have a few days to put it all together? See the best of the best with our top 10 things to do in Breckenridge.
The Breckenridge Office of Tourism works to promote and enhance the unique character and experience of the City of Breckenridge as a world-renowned resort and to represent, serve and perpetuate the common interest and character of its members and community.
BLike Breckenridge™ is a movement born from the spirit of our historic mountain town for those who call it home, whether for a weekend or a lifetime, to live there. This is a cause that connects us and we can all be a part of it. Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click and buy, you may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
We’re Back, Baby! Breckenridge Is In Level Green!
Looking for an action-packed, all-ages, family-friendly summer getaway in the Rocky Mountains? Visit Breckenridge and check all the boxes for your next mountain town summer adventure. Wildlife viewing, snow skiing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, rafting, wine tasting and more. Check, check, check, check and check!
Located just 80 miles from Denver in Summit County, this ski resort mountain town is called “The Break” by locals and offers plenty of summer activities for you and your family.
While Breckenridge may be known for its skiing, summer is the best time to visit the Rockies and escape the heat with little to no humidity and temperatures around 75 degrees.
Don’t let the 70 degree weather fool you! The town of Breckenridge sits at an elevation of 9,600 feet, and Breckenridge Ski Resort peaks at nearly 13,000 feet. Use sunscreen and drink plenty of water. Altitude sickness is real! Also, wear layers because the nights are cooler. Use this Colorado packing list to be prepared.
Summer Snow Tubing, Bacon Fest And More: Keystone Announces Summer Activities And Events
Located in downtown Breck, the Breckenridge Welcome Center should be your first stop to learn about this Colorado mountain town and its history. Image credit: Breckenridge Tourism
Start at the Visitor Center and Museum located in the heart of downtown to get inspired by all the things to do in Breckenridge this summer. Explore this mountain town with guided tours, museums, events and more with the Breckenridge Heritage Alliance.
There is also an original 19th century log house with original floors and hand-hewn beams. This interpretive museum features exhibits about life in Breckenridge from the gold mining era of the 1880s and the ski town’s beginnings to the present day.
Tip: While the adults check out the activities at Breckenridge, keep the kids busy with an interactive tree-hugging challenge and learn how to responsibly brick without leaving a trace.
Best Things To Do In Breckenridge: Year Round Beautiful Fun
One of the fun things to do in Breckenridge after skiing is to explore the charming historic town. Photo: Breckenridge Tourism Office/Jeff Andrew
Explore historic downtown Breckenridge with its Victorian-era Main Street lined with shops, restaurants and hotels. Originally a mining town, Brick City prides itself on its beautiful downtown. It was designated a Breckenridge Historic District in 1980.
Walk the Blue River Recreational Trail that runs parallel to Main Street. You can even walk to the neighboring towns of Frisco and Dillon on this trail.
Want to know more about BRIC and its history? Book one of the city’s historic tours at the Welcome Center. Learn about Breckenridge’s most sinister history with a Wild West tour or take a ghost tour.
Things To Do In Breckenridge In The Summer
Relax on the Blue River and enjoy live music at Breck’s Riverwalk Center overlooking the Ten Mile Mountain Range. Photo credit: Breckenridge Tourism / Louie Traub
Find your way to the Riverwalk Center, a 750-seat venue on the banks of the Blue River, where gold was discovered in 1859. Many summer festivals and events are also held here, and live outdoor music is free to the public.
If you want to explore Summit County, Colorado, live outdoor music is free to the public in the mountain towns around the Brick at Dillon Amphitheater and concerts at Main Street Park in Frisco.
Take a gold mine tour at Country Boy Mine, one of Breckenridge’s most popular tours. Photo: Breckenridge Tourism/Cohen
Summer In Breckenridge
You can’t visit a historic gold mining town without touring the gold mine, right? One of the most popular tours is the Country Boy Mine, located 1,000 feet underground in one of the state’s most famous mines. Besides the circle, move real gold (and keep it!).
There’s nothing quite like summer hiking and biking in the Colorado Rockies, and Breckenridge doesn’t disappoint with hundreds of miles of biking and hiking trails for all abilities. With plenty of bike rentals in town, hikers and bikers are essential to bring water bottles and cameras to enjoy breathtaking sights including waterfalls, wildflowers, alpine lakes and more.
Located in the mountains south of Breckenridge, take the family on a picnic at the Mohawk Lakes. This 5.3 mile trail is a great start with its mountain scenery, lakes, waterfall and old gold mine ruins.
Children 38 and older can ride with an adult at most Colorado alpine parks. Photo: Courtesy of Breckenridge Resort Brent Clark
Discover Fun In Breckenridge This Summer!
Start your adventure by riding the BreckConnect Gondola, which is open year-round and free of charge. Enjoy a bird’s eye view from the gondola cabin and enjoy a view of the historic city center.
When you reach the base of Peak 8, continue up and down a path
Breckenridge colorado summer, things to do in breckenridge colorado in summer, things to do breckenridge colorado, summer in breckenridge colorado, breckenridge things to do summer, things to do in breckenridge colorado in winter, things to do breckenridge colorado summer, fun things to do in breckenridge colorado, things to do in breckenridge colorado, things to do in breckenridge in summer, things to do around breckenridge colorado in the summer, things to do in breckenridge colorado in the summer
Hello my name is Sophia, Wellcome to my blog